Connect to Core, setup new location, add modules, update
Before your first installation
Install a free app “TapHome Official”. Available for Windows 10 (for software version 2019.1 and higher), Android and iOS.
There is just one app for installers and users. It is possible to limit access rights for groups of users.
You might be able to choose from TapHome Official or TapHome Next versions. Both apps can be installed and used in parallel.
Stable version for customers (recommended)
Beta version with frequent updates
Launch the app and create an account. All your future TapHome installations will be linked to this so called Global Account.
No internet on the local Wi-Fi network / offline setup
Connect Core using a LAN cable with WiFi router. We recommend using your own router. Connect your phone, tablet or notebook to the same wifi network.
To Connect via LAN, you can always use predefined local user account with user name admin, password admin.
Internet available on the local wifi network / online setup
Connect Core using a LAN cable to Wi-Fi router with internet. Connect your phone, tablet or notebook to the same wifi network.
If you are a new partner, you may want to leave on site your Wi-Fi router with a SIM card with internet. In case needed, our Tech Support team would be able to assist you remotely.
- Launch the app. Login with your Global Account (email / password).
- You will be prompted to New location. If you already have other locations linked to your account, go to Settings → Add location.
- Core will be discovered on the local network with the name New location. Tap it.
- Enter Location name so that you can easily identify it later when switching between your other installations, e.g. enter the name of the customer and the city. Please don't use location names like "Home", "Demo" etc. Enter Access token, it is the 16 digit code printed on Core.
Enter your Email address that you are using as a login to your global account. This will grant remote access for this account.
Connect all modules to Core. Choose Settings → Hardware → TapHome Bus → Find new devices. Modules which are connected to Core will show up.
Update Core and modules
Open Settings → Software updates:
- To update Core, choose Update to version XY
- To update firmware in all modules, choose Update all modules
Please do not forget to add your Global Account into users list so that you can access the installation remotely (outside the local network). Add user firstname.lastname@example.org if you want our remote assistance.