SIP enabled Doorbell
TapHome supports SIP communication with doorbell systems.
- ring notification for iOS and Android devices
- 2-way audio
- video stream (M-JPEG, H.264, H.265 and other formats supported by VLC library)
- audio and low-framerate video frames automatically forwarded via TapHome Cloud
Integration with doorbell systems consists of 2 steps:
1) Preparing your doorbell for communication with TapHome Core
2) Configuring TapHome SIP Doorbell
SIP server for your doorbell is Core unit. Therefore it should have static IP address. TapHome tunnelling server is used to transfer audio and low framerate snapshots from camera, if you are receiving call outside local network. Multiple phone numbers can be mapped to different TapHome users or groups. Also it is possible to control relays that are located on doorbell. On Android and iOS, push notifications are received as regular VoIP phone calls.