TapHome supports direct communication via RS485 (BUS 1, BUS 2 or BUS 3 terminal) with LG air conditioning condensers and split units. This is done by LG PI-485 communication card and by proprietary LGAP communication protocol.
- Communication via RS485 (Bus) connection.
- Multiple split units can be fully operated from TapHome with minimum additional costs.
- PI-485 can be provided by LG supplier or purchased directly from TapHome at email@example.com for 124,50 Euro - recommended retail price without VAT
It is possible to control every split unit separately:
- Operation mode (Cooling, Dehumidification, Fan only, Auto, Heating)
- Thermostat (Set point, Actual temperature)
- Fan speed (Low, Medium, High, Auto)
- Vane swing (On, Off)
LG AC product line
PI-485 built in
PI-485 can be added
Multi V 3
Multi MU3 and higher
Split 18 and higher
E.g. MU2M15, MU2M16, MU2M17
Connect PI-485 card with outdoor condenser unit
- Disable power to System
- Connect CN_OUT on the PI‐485 to the CN_CENTRAL on the ODU PCB
- Connect BUS_A and BUS_B on the PI‐485 to the LG Central Controller or Gateway
- Select proper DIP Switch configuration: 1 and 4 ON, all others OFF
- Connect CN_PWR on the PI‐485 to the Outdoor Unit PCB Power Connector
- Restore Power to the System
Make sure that PI-485 card is working properly
LED blinks as many as the number of Connected Indoor units, and then turns OFF.
This process is repeated after every 3 minutes
Orange and Yellow LED
Green RS485 LED
- LED blinks when PI-485 receives data from central controller.
For more details, see LG PI-485 Installation Manual:
Connect PI-485 with TapHome
One or more PI-485 cards can be connected to TapHome BUS terminal. This communication line cannot be combined with TapHome Bus devices, or Modbus RTU devices.