Before you connect Resi DALI gateway into TapHome, please use included USB/COM key in your computer and install ModbusConfigurator.zip application: ModbusConfigurator.zip
USB/COM stick driver for Windows:
Detailed guide how to use ModbusConfigurator is here:
Connect RESI DALI to USB/COM key via A+/B- outputs. In the ModbusConfigurator set proper settings for RESI DALI gateway (COM port, baudrate, ID). After successful access to gateway start scan.
Scan will find all connected DALI drivers and define their respective short addresses. These short addresses are crucial for DALI integration within TapHome application.
The example below shows how to integrate DALI into Taphome and create 4 fully controlled DALI dimmer outputs.
- STEP: Connect RESI DALI GATEWAY to any free Taphome BUS terminal
- STEP: Download MODBUS-DALI utility from Resi, scan network, assign channels to your lights
- STEP: RESI DALI GATEWAY DIP-SWITCH SETTINGS
For proper integration is necessary to use RESI DALI Gateway with following settings (Switch 1 = OFF, Switch 2 = OFF, Switch 3 = ON, Switch 4 = ON)
- STEP: Configuration within TAPHOME
- Add new hardware interface
- Set general settings for the RESI DALI Gateway
- Add DALI device from the template
The result - 4 DALI dimmer outputs fully controlled by Taphome
If you need to control more DALI lamps, just use the RESI DALI template once again. Please keep in mind that Dimmer start address must be set properly to get right short addresses for the newly imported lamps.
You can check or edit the short addresses of every single lamp via RESI DALI Modbus Configurator and USB serial converter. Then you can check or correct the short addresses in Taphome application: