Backup, restore, reset to factory settings
Connect to location that you want to manage. Open My location → and select one of the actions:
- Create a backup: App will collect data from installation, generate backup (.bak) file, and offer share dialog of the operating system. Therefore it is possible to store it as a file directly to device, or send it to iCloud, Drive, Dropbox, by email, or other - all this is managed by operating system of your device.
- Restore from backup: Select existing .bak file. It will overwrite existing configuration on selected location. Please note, that backup contains also information about users, so you might lose access if you did not have access in the time of backup.
- Clone control unit from backup
- Factory reset: resets control unit to its initial state. It needs to be initialized from scratch - and this operation must be done in local network.
Backup (*.bak) file contains information about devices, smart rules, attributes of location (name, GPS, etc.), access system, users. It does not include long term statistic data, that is stored on TapHome Cloud.
Via USB flash disk
Format the disk to FAT32 file system
Create folder named according to the operation you want to perform (f.e.: D:\ network-reset)
Operation is performed right after the flash disk is pushed to the control unit.
/network-reset - reset OS network settings to default (IP is assigned by DHCP)
/backup-create - create backup file on the flash disk
- restore backup from file in the \backup-restore folder, filename must be named access token.bkp (f.e.: AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD.bkp)
- backup file will be moved to \archive folder after successful restoration
- restore backup from file in the \auto-restore folder, filename must be named access token.bkp (f.e.: AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD.bkp)
- backup file will stay in place, so the restore can be repeated by unplugging and plugging the flash disk again, or it will be performed automatically at midnight if the flash drive is still in the control unit
/reset-factory-defaults - same as Factory reset from the app