Lighting timer basics
This guide explains how to configure Lighting timer triggered by motion sensor to turn the lights ON/OFF.
- First add one output on relay output module as a Switch (device type Light) and one Reed contact input (device type Motion sensor) on any input module or Core.
2. On the Light device add smart rule Lighting timer from the Smart rule menu
3. In Lighting timer settings choose appropriate Motion sensor and set Grace period for the motion sensor. Grace period is an interruption time after first motion spotted. In this period the light is turned ON and Motion sensor ignores any further motion.
4. Add Keep default values smart rule below the Lighting timer smart rule within the Light device to make sure the light is turned OFF after grace period if no motion is spotted.
5. Here how the Light device looks like.
6. There are some additional options in Motion sensor settings as optional Time period, Brightness sensor for limiting when the Lighting timer smart rule turns on the light, and Control buttons.