TapHome system can be used to control air conditioning split units or outdoor units.
Below is the list of possible integration methods:
- Simple configuration
- Minimum or zero additional costs
- Full feature set
- Communication via RS485 (Bus) connection.
- Multiple split units can be fully operated from TapHome with minimum additional costs.
Click here for more info
- Communication via TCP/IP in local network (no internet connection needed).
- Multiple split units can be fully operated from TapHome with zero or minimum additional costs.
Compatible with split units supporting Daikin Online Controller. Search for this logo:
Click here for more info
In order to integrate Toshiba air conditioning units, please use a Modbus gateway called TCB-IFMB640TLE.
- Communication with Gree via RS485 (Bus) connection.
- No extra costs - RS485 gateway is included in U-MATCH Series DC Inverter AIR Conditioners
- Multiple split units can be fully operated from TapHome
Click here for more info about Gree integration
- Necessary to wire each individual AC split unit
- Not all features of the AC unit can be controlled
- G (fan)
- Y1 (compressor 1)
Step by step configuration is described here: https://taphome.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SUP/pages/316112901/AC+Unit+Control+Configuration
Third party KNX IrDA controller
TapHome KNX Gateway in combination with a third party KNX IrDA controller can replace AC remote controllers.
- Works with all AC units with remote controllers
- More expensive since both one TapHome KNX Gateway is necessary and a KNX IrDA controller for each individual AC split unit
- KNX programming adds another complexity level
Window contact of air conditioning system
Connect potential-free TapHome DO output (12DO module) to open/close window contact of some air conditioning models.
- Not many air conditioning models support this directly. For some models, you can order extra card for this purpose.
- This method only allows to switch AC between OFF and standard operation
IntesisBox communication hardware
- Wide compatibility list (supports Daikin, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Hisense, Midea, Mitsubishi Electric, LG, Panasonic Eherea / VRF, Samsung, Toshiba, etc.)
- High price
- More complex setup
Click here for more info: https://www.intesisbox.com/en/modbus/gateways/
Emulation of infrared beam (IrDA)
Wired TapHome IrDA controller is attached to every AC split unit.
- Wide compatibility list
- Low price per split unit
- More complex installation, because specific presets have to be taught-in