Available platforms: iOS, Android, Windows 10
Available versions: TapHome Official (stable), TapHome Next (beta with upcoming features)
Windows 7, 8
Linux x86, x64 (Experimental)
ARM architecture (typically mobile devices) is not supported
- Download ZIP archive with version for Windows 7, 8 (see the link above).
- Run it in Wine app (version 6 and newer)
- In registry editor of Wine app, change HKEY_CURRENT_USER → Software → Wine → Direct3D registry “renderer” to value “vulkan”
If TapHome app is running on tablet mounted on the wall, it is possible to configure operating system to keep the app running in the foreground.
Kiosk mode in iOS (iPad)
TapHome app detects if operating system is running in Guided Access mode. If you activate this mode while TapHome app is running, it will lock TapHome app in the foreground, until Guided Access mode is deactivated (tripple click of side button + custom passcode).
How to activate
- In iOS system settings, open Accessibility → Guided Access and enable it.
- Open TapHome app, activate Guided Access by tripple-clicking the side button of your iPhone/iPad.
In TapHome app, go to Settings → App Settings, where you can choose the mode Keep Screen On, especially if your power button is covered by the wall mount.
Kiosk Mode in Android
Android supports Screen Pinning mode, which is used to keep one app locked in the foreground. Home button is disabled.
How to activate
- In Android system settings, Tap Security or Security & location and then Advanced and then App pinning. Turn on App pinning.
- Open TapHome App → Settings → App Settings and activate item Screen Pinning.
Fullscreen - when active, status bar and navigation bar is hidden
Keep Screen On - prevents device from going to sleep mode - usable if your wall mount is blocking the power button
Ctrl + F
Activate fulltext filtering
Ctrl + L
Open list of locations and start filtering
Deactivate active filter
Ctrl + ,
Ctrl + D
Ctrl + Y
Ctrl + B
Bus analyzer (in TapHome Bus interface)
Ctrl + Shift + F
Find new devices (in TapHome Bus interface)
Ctrl + 1 .. 9
Open N-th page from left menu
Ctrl + ← / Ctrl + →
Jump to previous / next page from left menu
Ctrl + M
Ctrl + Q
Ctrl + S / Ctrl + Enter
Save and close service setting, Smart Rule or interface
Backspace / Esc
Close service setting, Smart Rule or interface. Ask to save changes.
Ctrl + E
List: start multi-select mode
Ctrl + N,D
Create new Virtual Devices
Ctrl + N,S
Add new Smart Rule in device detail
Ctrl + N,V
Create new Variable
User authentication (Face ID)
To prevent unwanted use of TapHome app (e.g. by kids), activate Face ID authentication in Settings → App Settings → Require user authentication.