Core is the brain of the system. It's a Linux computer. Linux allows a number of functions that are responsible for the high scalability of the system - remote updates Core and firmware in modules, copying configurations to other modules or projects, easy deployment of new functions. The three bus terminals at Core are configurable for the TapHome, Modbus bus without the need for additional separate gateways.
- Linux computer
- 3 universal bus terminals for:
- TapHome IO modules. One terminal can handle a maximum of 32 bus modules.
- ModBus RTU / TCP for third party devices, e.g. air ventilation system
- 6 universal inputs configurable for:
- NTC temperature inputs with resistance measurement range 100Ohm – 100kOhm +-50Ohm. Measurement deviation on 1km Cat6 cable: -0.3 °C at 25 °C.
- Push button inputs
- Reed / status inputs
- Impulse counter inputs, frequency 100Hz per channel, sample rate 200Hz per channel, pulse on time > 5 milliseconds
- Analog inputs 0-10V with voltage measurement range 0-12VDC, single-ended type, resolution 8bits, accuracy 0.1% of full scale, input impedance >16kOhm, normal mode rejection 50dB at 55Hz, conversion time 1250 milliseconds
- For analog input 4-20mA it is necessary to connect a 500Ohm resistor and set in Service settings of the input minimum voltage to 2V
- 6 open collector outputs for switching of LED lights on push button switches, maximum current 600mA, maximum 38VDC for each output.
- LAN port
- Power supply 24VDC +-10%
- Energy consumption 7W
- Operating temperature: 0 – 45 °C
- DIN rail, 4 modules. Width 72 mm, height 59 mm.
Bus cable requirements
- Maximum length of each the 3 bus lines on Core is 1200 meters
- Possibility to install modules in all topologies – star, daisy-chain, tree
- Shielded cable for bus is not necessary
- Minimum distance from power line cables is not required
- The end of each bus line shall be terminated with a 100 Ohm resistor which is included in the packaging