Welcome, and thank you for your interest in TapHome (“TapHome”, “we,” or “us”), our web site at taphome.com (the “Site”), and all related web sites, downloadable software, mobile applications (including tablet applications), and other services provided by us, and all other communications with individuals though from written or oral means, such as email or phone.
“Customer” means a customer of TapHome. “Customer Data“ means personal data, reports, addresses in electronic form. “User” means installation partner of TapHome, who primarily uses the restricted areas of the Service for the purpose of accessing the Service in such capacity. “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. “Public Area” means the area of the Service that can be accessed both by Users, without needing to log in. “Restricted Area” means the area of the Service that can be accessed only by Users, and where access requires logging in.
- Third-Party Services The Service may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
- Privacy Shield In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, TapHome commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact TapHome’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. TapHome shall comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
- Interest Based Advertising Interest based advertising is the collection of data from different sources and across different platforms in order to predict an individual’s preferences or interest and to deliver to that individual, or his/her computer, smartphone or tablet, advertising based on his/her assumed preference or interest inferred from the collection of data pertaining to that individual or others who may have a similar profile or similar interests. We work with a variety of third parties to attempt to understand the profiles of the individuals who are most likely to be interested in the TapHome products or services so that we can send them promotional emails, or serve our advertisements to them on the websites and mobile apps of other entities. These third parties include: (a) advertising networks, which collect information about a person’s interests when that person views or interacts with one of their advertisements; (2) attribution partners, which measure the effectiveness of certain advertisements; and (3) business partners, which collect information when a person views or interacts with one of their advertisements. In collaboration with these third parties, we collect information about our customers, prospects and other individuals over time and across different platforms when they use these platforms or interact with them. Individuals may submit information directly on our Service or on platforms run by third parties, or by interacting with us, our advertisements, or emails they receive from us or from third parties. We may use special tools that are commonly used for this purpose, such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags, mobile advertising IDs, flash cookies, and similar technologies. We may have access to databases of information collected by our business partners. The information we or third party collect enables us to learn what purchases the person made, what ads or content the person sees, on which ads or links the person clicks, and other actions that the person takes on our Service, or in response to our emails, or when visiting or using third parties’ platforms. We, or the third parties with which we work, use the information collected as described above to understand the various activities and behaviors of our customers, Service users and others. We, or these third parties, do this for many reasons, including: to recognize new or past visitors to our Service; to present more personalized content; to provide more useful and relevant ads - for example, if we know what ads you are shown we can try not to show you the same ones repeatedly; to identify visitors across devices, sales channels, third party websites and Service, or to display or send personalized or targeted ads and other custom content that is more focused on a person’s perceived interest in products or services similar to those that we offer. Our interest-based ads may be served to you in emails or on third-party platforms. We may serve these ads about our products or services or send commercial communications directly ourselves or through these third parties.
- Data Security We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize Personal Data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
- Data Retention We only retain the Personal Data collected from a User for as long as the User’s account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows: the contents of closed accounts are deleted within 3 months of the date of closure; backups are kept for 3 months; billing information is retained for a period of 7 years as of their provision to TapHome in accordance with the Slovak accounting and taxation laws information on legal transactions between Customer and TapHome is retained for a period of 10 years as of their provision to TapHome in accordance with the general limitation period set for civil claims in the Slovak General Part of the Civil Code Act
- Settings Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Data, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Data Transfer We may transfer, process and store Personal Data we collect through the Services in centralized databases used by cloud service providers world wide. We will comply with GDPR requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information from Europe. Also, we may transfer your data to the U.S., the EEA, or other countries or regions deemed by the European Commission to provide adequate protection of personal data in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service.
- Changes to this Policy Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
- How to Contact Us Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Data, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns or complaints about this Policy or your Personal Data, you may contact TapHome’s Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com.