The best start into TapHome is to order a testing kit. Testing kit includes Core and some accessories. It is available with a 50% discount.
Once you receive the testing kit, the training procedure is as follows:
- Please turn the devices on. Try following the initial instructions as described on this website below.
- Play with the system a bit. If you get stuck with some configuration, don’t spend much time with it. Just write down your questions.
- Get in touch with us at email@example.com and plan a phone call training session. We will connect to your Core and help you with the configuration in real time. The session usually lasts around one hour. We will need to know the location name you created when setting up Core and also the last 4 digits of access token – the code printed on Core.
You may want to repeat the training session a while later if you have more questions. Trainings are FREE!
Before your first installation
- For installation with an Android device, install TapHome Official app from Google Play.
- For installation with an iOS device, install TapHome Official app from App Store.
- If you prefer using notebook for configuration, install a free Android emulator Nox App Player and then install TapHome Official app from Google Play within Nox.
- Launch the app and create an account. All your future TapHome installations will be linked to this so called Global account.
Setup new location
- Connect Core using a LAN cable with WiFi router. We recommend using your own router. If there is no internet on site, please do not forget to add your Global account into users list so that you can access the location remotely later once internet will be available.
- After setup, you can take your router away with you. The system will still be able to control temperature and other devices.
- Once customer’s local network is available, it is necessary to connect customer’s router with Core.
Adding bus modules
- Tap Menu button and choose Settings – Hardware – TapHome Bus.
- DIN rail modules which are connected to Core via bus cable will show up.
Input / output configuration
- In order to configure outputs, go to Menu – Devices and select one of hardware modules with outputs. Set output configuration to Switch when this output is supposed to control On/Off valves, lights or any other switched devices. Scroll down for configuration of Blinds, mix valves or other AC electric motors.
- In order to configure inputs, go to Menu – Devices and select one hardware modules with inputs. Choose between Push button input (switches, blind controllers), Reed contact (motion sensors, window contacts), Impulse counter (electric meters, water meters), NTC input for temperature sensors,
- Once inputs are configured, you can identify them by going to Menu – Devices and tap clock icon in top right corner. It is a feature called Monitor. When you press a light switch with a connected input, it will show up in the list on the screen. You can rename the input so that you can find it easily later.
- Outputs and inputs which are Not configured don’t show up in Devices list in Menu.