Assistance during your first installation
Once cables are laid and all modules are connected, TapHome Support Team can assist you during your first installation. Reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
In a remote assistance scenario, please connect router to Internet. Our Support Team will be able to log into the account you are setting up and also directly to Linux in Core. Questions are handled via a phone call. Remote assistance is free.
If you prefer on-site assistance, please book a time slot with our Support Team. One of our team members will work with you directly at the project site. Cost for on-site assistance includes 30 Euro / hour (including travel time) + 0.1 Euro / km or flight ticket + cost for a hotel.
Before your first installation
- For installation with an Android device, install TapHome Official app from Google Play.
- For installation with an iOS device, install TapHome Official app from App Store.
- If you prefer using notebook for configuration, install a free Android emulator Bluestacks and then install TapHome Official app from Google Play within Bluestacks.
- Launch the app. Enter your email address and password. An account will be created. All your future TapHome installations will be linked to this so called Global account.
Setup new location
- Connect Core using a LAN cable with WiFi router. We recommend using your own router. If there is no internet on site, please do not forget to add your Global account into users list so that you can access the location remotely later once internet will be available.
- After setup, you can take your router away with you. The system will still be able to control temperature and other devices.
- Once customer’s local network is available, it is necessary to connect customer’s router with Core.
Adding bus modules
- Tap Menu button and choose Settings – Hardware – TapHome Bus. Tap refresh button in the top right corner and wait a minute.
- DIN rail modules which are connected to Core via bus cable will show up.
Input / output configuration
- In order to configure outputs, go to Menu – Devices and select one of hardware modules with outputs. Set output configuration to Switch when this output is supposed to control On/Off valves, lights or any other switched devices. Scroll down for configuration of Blinds, mix valves or other AC electric motors.
- In order to configure inputs, go to Menu – Devices and select one hardware modules with inputs. Choose between Push button input (switches, blind controllers), Reed contact (motion sensors, window contacts), Impulse counter (electric meters, water meters), NTC input for temperature sensors,
- Once inputs are configured, you can identify them by going to Menu – Devices and tap clock icon in top right corner. It is a feature called Monitor. When you press a light switch with a connected input, it will show up in the list on the screen. You can rename the input so that you can find it easily later.
- Outputs and inputs which are Not configured don’t show up in Devices list in Menu.